Qmee recipes – easy chocolate molten cakes
Looking to bake an impressive dinner party dessert with minimum fuss? Well these chocolate puddings, also known as chocolate fondant or lava cake, have a lovely gooey centre and, served with single cream, are a delicious end to any dinner!
Take a look at the ingredients and method below.
100g butter, plus extra to grease
100g dark chocolate, chopped
150g light brown soft sugar
3 large eggs
Half tsp vanilla extract
50g plain flour
Single cream, to serve
Here’s what you’ll need to do…
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Butter 6 dariole moulds or basins well and place on a baking tray.
- Put 100g butter and 100g chopped dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of hot water (or alternatively put in the microwave and melt in 30 second bursts on a low setting) and stir until smooth.
- Set aside to cool slightly for 15 mins.
- Using an electric hand whisk, mix in 150g light brown soft sugar, then 3 large eggs, one at a time, followed by half tsp vanilla extract and finally 50g plain flour.
- Divide the mixture among the darioles or basins.
- You can now either put the mixture in the fridge, or freezer until you’re ready to bake them.
- Can be cooked straight from frozen for 16 mins, or bake now for 10-12 mins until the tops are firm to the touch but the middles still feel squidgy.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of each pudding, then turn out onto serving plates and serve with single cream.