July 30, 2019
Qmee recipes – chicken biryani
This week the recipe we’ve chosen is a great one-pot rice dish that can still be served up a few days later – perfect for leftovers when you feel like relaxing instead of cooking dinner!
Take a look at the ingredients and method below for this delicious chicken biryani.
Here’s what you’ll need…
300g basmati rice
1 large onion, finely sliced
1 bay leaf
3 cardamom pods
small cinnamon stick
1 tsp turmeric
4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
4 tbsp curry paste
850ml chicken stock
30g coriander, ½ chopped, ½ leaves picked, to serve
2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds, to serve
Here’s what you’ll need to do…
- Soak 300g basmati rice in warm water, then wash in cold until the water runs clear.
- Heat 25g butter in a saucepan and cook 1 finely sliced large onion with 1 bay leaf, 3 cardamom pods and 1 small cinnamon stick for 10 mins.
- Sprinkle in 1 tsp turmeric, then add 4 chicken breasts, cut into large chunks, and 4 tbsp curry paste.
- Cook until aromatic.
- Stir the rice into the pan with 85g raisins, then pour over 850ml chicken stock.
- Place a tight-fitting lid on the pan and bring to a hard boil, then lower the heat to a minimum and cook the rice for another 5 mins.
- Turn off the heat and leave for 10 mins.
- Stir well, mixing through 15g chopped coriander.
- To serve, scatter over the leaves of the remaining 15g coriander and 2 tbsp toasted almonds.