Qmee recipes – salted chocolate and hazelnut brownies
This week’s recipe is for a delicious, chocolatey dessert that has got our stomachs rumbling already!
Chocolate hazelnut spread ensures these moreish brownies have a fudgy centre. Flecked with pecans and sea salt, they’ll be the new go-to brownie recipe.
Take a look at the ingredients and method below.
Here’s what you’ll need…
100g slightly salted butter, cut into small pieces, plus extra for the tin
200g 70% dark chocolate, broken into chunks
150g chocolate and hazelnut spread
3 eggs, beaten
200g golden caster sugar
150g plain flour
100g toasted pecan nuts, roughly chopped
Ice cream and caramel sauce, to serve
Here’s what you’ll need to do…
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4.
- Butter and line the base and sides of a 20cm square tin.
- Put the butter, chocolate and chocolate spread in a heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of lightly simmering water.
- Once melted, stir and set aside to cool a little.
- In another bowl, use an electric whisk to beat the eggs and sugar together for 5 mins until light and fluffy.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture and whisk briefly to combine.
- Sift in the flour and gently fold through the mixture, then add most of the pecans.
- Scrape the mixture into the tin and spread out with a spatula.
- Scatter over the last of the pecans and a good sprinkling of sea salt.
- Bake for 30-35 mins until set but a little gooey in the middle.
- Cool, then cut into squares and serve with ice cream and caramel sauce.
We can’t wait to give this recipe a try (and to eat the brownies!).